sCynergy Consulting (and Back to Basics Wales) is based at Bryn Bolgoed, a working hill farm in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park in mid Wales.
Bryn Bolgoed is situated southwest of Brecon near the village of Libanus (Grid Reference SN977255).
NB our postcode may direct SatNav systems to our neighbour’s farm (Cwmclyn Uchaf). Carry on all the way to the end of the lane to find us! Please beware that the lane to Bryn Bolgoed is narrow, with few passing places. We don’t get much traffic, but you might meet someone going the other way – so please drive carefully and be prepared to reverse if necessary!
Directions from Bristol and the South
1. Follow the M4 to J24, then take the A449 north towards Monmouth. After 10 miles, turn west onto the A40 to Abergavenny.
2. Follow the A40 west through Abergavenny and on towards Brecon. At Brecon, continue west on the A40 to by-pass the town, then take the A470 south towards Cardiff. After 4 miles, just after passing through the village of Libanus, take a right turn, following the brown tourist sign to the National Park Visitors Centre.
3. Ignore the next brown sign, pointing to the right on a sharp bend, and instead take the narrow lane to the left. Follow this for a mile, turning right past one farm entrance, until you arrive at Bryn Bolgoed. Take care on the farm track!
Directions from Birmingham and the North
1. Follow the M5 to J8, then take the M50 west to Ross-on-Wye. Continue west on the A40, through Monmouth then, after about 6 miles, turn off this road (which becomes the A449) to continue on the A40 to Abergavenny.
2. Follow directions 2 and 3 from Bristol and the South.
Directions from Cardiff and West Wales
1. Follow the M4 to J32, then take the A470 north towards Merthyr Tydfil (or at J43 take the A465 to Merthyr). Continue on the A470 past Merthyr, towards Brecon. About 15 miles from Merthyr, after negotiating the mountain pass, continue on the A470 past the junction for A4215 (signed Defynog), into the village of Libanus.
2. Immediately on entering Libanus, take a left turn, following the brown tourist sign to the National Park Visitors Centre.
3. Follow direction 3 from Bristol and the South.
Directions by Rail
Bryn Bolgoed is:
- 15 miles (20 minutes) by road from Merthyr Tydfil, which is served by regular (but slow) trains from Cardiff Central (for connections to Bristol, London and the rest of the UK); or
- 25 miles (45 minutes) by road from Abergavenny, which is served by regular trains from Newport (for connections to Bristol, London and the rest of the UK), Shrewsbury (for connections to Birmingham), Manchester and North Wales
See National Rail Enquiries for train times).